Search this keyword

Friday, May 7, 2010

Those Special Touches

Living things make a house a home. When I come home and my husband is at work and even the dog is in the kennel, the walls seem like a shell.

But, add a kind husband

















and a friendly dog
and the lonely house becomes a home.

Beyond people and animals, plants and fresh flowers also bring vibrancy to a home. They add beauty and color wherever they are placed--a window sill, a table, a dresser.

For the last two weeks, lilies of the valley have been blooming profusely in my garden. On several occasions, I have clipped bouquets for my kitchen window sill.
The fragrance has been heavenly.


They have added a lovely, special touch to my whole kitchen.


Lilies of the valley are my mother's favorite flower. She carried them in her bridal bouquet, and they grace the center of her china. So, I picked oodles of flowers today, garnished my window sill and made her a bouquet.

Then I played Hermes, with wings on my shoes, and delivered them myself.

Interestingly, this petite, white, fragrant flower is also a favorite of another friend. She organized the Day of Prayer celebration which was attended by 14,000 people in our town yesterday. I knew she must be exhausted today, so I also dropped a bouquet by her home.

Arriving home from my deliveries, I came in the house and noticed a special touch on the piano--yellow roses, my favorite--a gift from my husband for Mother's Day.



I hope you give and/or receive a special touch yourself this Mother's Day.

(I wrote this post to participate in a "Those Special Touches" blog party being run by Richella at http://impartinggrace-richella.blogspot.com/. Go over and visit her site; she has some wonderful ideas to share! To participate, I needed to include my blog url as well: http://graciousinteriors.blogspot.com/2010/05/those-special-touches.html).

0 comments :

Post a Comment